Brough, Metcalf Ink With MGM

By Elliot Foster (@FreelanceFoz)

Nathan Brough and James Metcalf have signed new management deals.

The Liverpool duo, who campaign at light welterweight and light middleweight respectively, will be managed by Daniel Kinahan after committing to contracts with MGM Marbella.

Brough has lost only once since turning professional, to Chorley hot-shot Jack Catterall last year, while ‘Kid Shamrock’ is undefeated in nine and joins the MGM team after splitting with former mentor Steve Wood.

“I am really pleased to be joining MGM,” said 31-year-old Brough (12-1, 2KOs) about the move to the Spain-based outfit.

“They are signing some real talent and it’s nice to be a part of it.

“They are the fastest rising management company and [they are] what I need to get active and to start rebuilding my profile,” he said as he looks to get fit in time for an October return.

Meanwhile, Metcalf, who returns to the ring on July 25 in Ellesmere Port, believes the move can only advance his career, which is currently going great guns under the tutelage of George Vaughan.

The two latest signings –– Brough and Metcalf –– add to a double signing which was confirmed on Monday as Craig O’Brien and Gary Sweeney joined the ranks.

“We are delighted to have signed both of these boxers,” said the management team in the Puerto Banús gym.

“Nathan is a boxer we know well and we want to get him busy straight away and fighting for titles as soon as we can [and] JJ is an enormous talent with a huge future, we don’t think it will be too long before his name is on everybody’s lips.”

Follow us on Twitter @FirstClassBox

Follow us on Twitter @FirstClassBox

Proudly sponsored by Trident Construction... For all your building needs throughout Edinburgh, Lothians and Fife

Proudly sponsored by Trident Construction… For all your building needs throughout Edinburgh, Lothians and Fife

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestmailby feather